Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Energy Sources in my future house
If I could choose one energy source for my house it would be solar energy. Solar energy does not release any pollution into the air, it is renewable and it will be around for the rest of my life, and once I have the solar panles up I will not have to pay that much for the energy in my house. There still would be some things I would have to fix about this energy reasorce. The main thing I would have to do is find a way for the solar panles to store enough energy when I am not using any energy to give me enough for the night when the sun does not shine. Another problem I would have to fix is how I will have energy when the sun is not shing the whole day. That I will also have to fix by storing all the energy possible when the sun is shining. So after I figure out how to store electircity from this source, I will have to figure out something much harder, how to store heat energy for the winter. I will need more heat in the winter and I am not sure how I would store all the heat I get from the summer and use it when winter comes around. I think that if I would really switch all my energy needs to solar energy, I would have some trouble keeping everything working in the winter. I think it would work out o.k. in the summer, but I would definitly need an alternate source just in case I could not store enough energy and there was a long stretch of rainy days. I really have no idea how I would fix these problems, because I do not know the technology of the solar panles. I still think solar power is the source I would use in my home, but I would definatally need a second source for all the rainy days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sarah! I really enjoyed your blog. I agree with the points you made, like that solar energy is a clean, renewable resource, and how it does not pollute the air. Also I thought it was smart of you to say how after you put up solar panels you wouldn't have to pay much attention to them, which is good because we are very busy people! Great job! :)
ReplyDelete